Registration Information - How to Register
Quick links below:
Courses | Certificates | International Students - ESL | International Students - CABP
Classes fill quickly and early registration is recommended to guarantee placement. Prompt registration also reduces the possibility that a course might be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. Registrations are processed in order in which they are received.
How to Register
You must be enrolled and your tuition must be paid in full in order to attend our classes.
A registration fee of $25 (only $15 with online registration) is charged once per student per term. Once you are registered you will need to take your receipt to the CUNY Card ID Center. If your class is 3 sessions or less you will not receive an ID. Show your registration receipt for entry into buildings and classrooms. We accept these methods of payment.
New and returning students can register for courses through these options:
- REGISTER ONLINE. Online registration is fast and easy – and you save $10 off our regular registration fee of $25.
- IN PERSON.
- BY PHONE. Call 646-312-5000
- BY FAX. Fax a completed registration form to 646-312-5101.
- BY MAIL. Mail us the completed registration form with your payment.
Baruch College - Continuing & Professional Studies
City University of New York
William & Anita Newman Vertical Campus
55 Lexington Avenue, B1-116
New York, N.Y. 10010
Please note that full payment is required to process your registration.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards), money orders, certified checks, cash or original Baruch CAPS credit letters are accepted as payment for CAPS classes and programs.
- No personal checks are accepted.
- The methods of payment accepted may vary depending on the method you use for registration.
- There will be a $50 fee for returned business checks.
- Letters of Credit ( If you have a Letter of Credit you must present the original in person, or mail it to our office in order to apply it towards your registration. The original must be received by our office—faxes and copies will not be accepted.)
Applicants for certificate programs (excluding the full-time ESL and CABP programs) must submit a completed certificate application form. Certificate students who pay in full are assessed the registration fee only once, not each semester.
Students holding an F-1 visa are permitted to study full-time at Baruch College CAPS. We offer extensive support throughout the visa application process. For more information, visit our online information for international students or contact a representative a email@example.com.
Contemporary American Business Practices (CABP)
The application process is self-managed. Since you are responsible for securing official transcripts and letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes, it is important that you request supporting documents as early as possible. Download and fill out this CABP application package. Make sure your application is complete and meets the following requirements:
Application Form and FeesAcademic Requirements:
Completed application form with the $525 payment paid via a credit card, check or money order made out to Baruch College. This amount includes a $125 non-refundable application fee and a non-refundable $400 tuition deposit.
- Transcript of US Bachelor's degree or US Bachelor's degree equivalent
- A one page typed essay describing why you wish to pursue the program at Baruch College's Division of Continuing and Professional Studies (CAPS)
- A current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- For International Students, we require proof of English language competency.
These can be:
- Completion of CAPS ESL level 10
- TOEFL scores of 550 paper or 79-80 Internet-based. (Computer based scores are not acceptable)
- U.S. Bachelor's degree from an English speaking institution
- IELTS scores of 6.5
If your TOEFL score is between 70-78 or your IELTS score is 6.0 see English Express.
I-20 Visa Requirements:
- See Confidential Declaration and Certificate of Finance (This form needs to be completely filled out and notarized)
- An original bank statement on official letterhead in English and in U.S. dollars
- Copy of Passport
For Transfer Students only:
- Completed transfer form from previous school
- Copy of Passport with I-94 (white card)
- Copy of most recent I-20
- A written statement from the applicant is required in order to grant ISSC permission to release an I-20 to a friend or relative.
Tuition and Fees
- Application fee $125
- Tuition $7,900
- Health fees $105
- Activity Fees $90
- Books and materials (approximately $600 not included in tuition)
This intensive 2-week English Express program prepares students who receive iBT TOEFL scores of 70-78 or IELTS score of 6.0 for the Certificate in American Business Practices (CABP) program. Students develop their English language skills through courses in
academic writing, reading, listening & speaking, vocabulary and accent reduction.
Upon successful completion of these courses, students may enter the CABP program. This program is also open to students in levels 7-10, who would like to improve their academic English skills in preparation for college or graduate school.
ESL - Academic Intensive English Program
Quick links: new student application package | transfer student application package
Admission to the Academic Intensive English Program is for a period of two academic years. You must be at least 17 years old to apply to this program.
- Completed application form.
- Tuition deposit of $400 (The $400 is non-refundable if student withdraws application).
- Original bank statement (must be checking or savings) no more than three (3) months old. (At least $ 24,100 Dollars for one year of study or $48,400 for two years of study). If you are getting support from a Sponsor or Company you must submit a seperate affidavit of support for each person that has authorization to the bank account.
- If you are receiving free room and board:
- Affidavit for free room and board (notarized).
- Photocopy of lease, deed or rent receipts (four consecutive ones).
- Confidential Declaration and Certificate of Finance.
- Affidavit of Support.
- Passport-size photograph.
- Copy of your passport.
ESL Transfer Students, please be aware that you may need to show additional educational expenses (more than one year) based on the level in which you are placed.
Upon receipt of the above-mentioned documents, your SEVIS Form I-20 will be processed once your previous school has released your records to us. Please note that a SEVIS Form I-20 may not be issued prior to the Release Date on the Transfer Enrollment Status Form and NOT until the designated official from your previous school releases your records from the SEVIS System.
Once you have your SEVIS I-20, be sure to register FULL TIME (i.e.18 hours/week). This will complete your SEVIS requirements.
Please Note: If you would like a friend or relative to receive your I-20 in person or by mail, a written authorization must be presented along with all of your documents. Without the authorization the I-20 can only be picked up by the student or mailed directly overseas. No exceptions.
New students must register to take the ESL Placement test. To register for this test, please stop by the CAPS Office in room 116 on the 1st Floor of the Vertical Campus Building, which is located on East 25th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Aves, or call us at (646) 312-5000. There is a $50 ESL placement test fee. $25 Application FeeTuition: Varies by semester, please see ESL annual schedule here.$35 Health Fee (each term, for those students who do not have health insurance)$30 Activity Fee (each term)$50 ESL Placement Test
Tuition and Fees
quick links:new student application package | transfer student application package
Need Help? If you have difficulty creating or accessing your account, contact the CAPS office at 646 312-5000 or access our online live help operators for assistance during normal office hours.